SBIFF

Saturday, February 18, 2006

SBIFF program director CEVIN CATHELL'S thoughts on Planet Ibsen

“So Jonathan and Erica Wyche of Planet Ibsen have worked really really hard to try to get their film seen. It’s not the kind of film that’s an easy film to sell because you really have to think and you have to be active when you’re watching it. But, I think when people see it, and they… I mean I’ve had so many people come up to me and say ‘Wow, what an incredible film; this is the best film in the festival. I didn’t expect to like it so much but it’s just a really incredible film.’ And they (Jonathan and Erica Wyche) have been around all week long, talking about it, attending all the press breakfasts, talking it up with people, and getting to know the other filmmakers; which is really important in getting their support. And I think it’s going to pay off in a very big way. I think it is an incredible film festival film. It’s definitely brilliant.” --Cevin Cathell SBIFF Program Director

  • Visit Download rononibsenclint.wav to listen to Academy Award winning (for "A Beautiful Mind") director Ron Howard who was present for one of the screenings and spoke about the film and his brother Clint Howard's performance audio podcast.

Posted by Takeuchi on FilmFestival.com http://www.filmfestivalstv.com/santabarbara/2006/02/planet_ibsen_1.html